Upcoming Webinar: The Rise of the C&I Buyer in Supporting ASEAN's Energy Transition | 11, June, 2PM (SGT)
Register for the Webinar
Join our panel of distinguished speakers for an interactive discussion examining the outlook for C&I power buyers’ shifting to RE, and the wider ASEAN energy transition. Topics include:
- Examining RE use globally during the lockdown periods, what lessons have been learned?
- ASEAN government reactions; will there be a “knee jerk” fall back to thermal power?
- The rise of the importance of digital in the RE transition
- Understanding the position of investors and financiers, how do they view the impact of COVID-19 on RE project development?
- Are corporate sustainability targets still a priority or has the focus shifted?
- Tools and solutions to still allow sustainability/energy transition journey
- The role of RECs in supporting the drive towards renewable energy
- What are the policy changes required to enable the transition and encourage more RECs deployment?
Unlocking the Potential of Hydrogen in APAC
Hydrogen is forecasted to play a key role in a clean, secure and affordable energy future. But how bright is its future in APAC?
Watch the recording of the webinar and explore the burgeoning potential of hydrogen throughout the Asia Pacific region and Oceania and its role in the energy transition at a special webinar and Live Q&A presented by Enlit Asia & Enlit Australia.
The World’s Fastest One Million Smart Meter Deployment
This interview will provide you with valuable insights into the fastest ever rollout of one million smart meters.
The discussion will help you understand the secrets to a partnership that was so integral to the success of the project and highlight key lessons learned by both parties that will shape the future of mass-meter deployment across the region.
Asia-Pacific - Utility Crisis Management: COVID-19
The utility industry has been tested in unprecedented ways by COVID-19. Utilities in the power and energy sector have had to rapidly implement coping mechanisms and strategies to protect staff, customers and their bottom line. But that adaptation has not been without its challenges, financial, operational and social. Listen to this discussion where we bring you the best insights from Asia-Pacific from those who have dealt with or are dealing with the challenge of keeping services operational in an age of social distancing and isolation.