Indonesian Energy Innovation Challenge
The urgency of an energy transition in Southeast Asia is evident and its development still ongoing. The next-generation entrepreneurs and talent are around the corner and ready to make an impact by contributing to the energy transition with breakthrough innovations.
The Indonesian Energy Innovation Challenge is founded by Energy Investment Management BV (www.indonesianenergyinnovationchallenge.com). With energy transition expertise and investment management activities, Energy Investment Management BV will join forces with Initiate’s profiling program to stimulate innovation for Indonesian energy transition. The event provides entrepreneurs and students with a platform to share their ideas and solutions, realize new connections and allows the start of new collaborations..
Impress our Jury and Stand a Chance to Speak in Enlit Asia!
The winner will receive exclusive mentorship and access to the network from Energy Investment BV. As part of this exciting initiative, we are also offering complimentary speaking opportunities to the Winner and Selected Finalists for you to share your product and innovative solution in the Initiate’s Conference Programme at Enlit Asia 2021 (Live Event) held in Jakarta. The Winner will also be presented an award at the Grand Awards Ceremony at Enlit Asia 2021.
Who should join?
- Early stage or new businesses offering technology or services that improve energy services whether used by the utility sector, vendors, or customers.
- Entrepreneurs and Startups
- Students and Young Energy Professionals
- Innovators and Accelerators
- Businesses with New Innovation and Technology with the focus on Power Generation; Renewable Integration; Solar & Storage; Customer Platforms; Workforce Management; Geospatial Services; Microgrid Systems; Blockchain Applications; Smart City Electrification; Electric Vehicle Charging; and, Energy Efficiency Building Services.
This form will ultimately be submitted to the judges to help with their assessment.
- The deadline is 9 October 2020.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- It is not required that a start-up be incorporated, but a company must normally be incorporated within 5 years to compete.
- We do permit worthy exceptions based upon new product development.
Impact Solution Pitches
This category is for participants without established enterprise to propose innovative ideas about how to achieve the effective energy transition. It gives the spotlight to energy professionals and students to present the energy transition challenges and potential solutions. The participating teams will identify and discuss the challenges in the Indonesian energy transition, map the relevant ecosystem partners and their solution(s) to these challenges.
This category gives the floor to energy start-ups, entrepreneurs and public-sector innovators to present their solutions and ideas. Participants with developed or developing product/service can apply for this challenge for the chance to pitch their innovative solution. This pitching competition will be evaluated by a jury of professionals from within the energy sector.
Timeline of the Challenge
|9th September 2020||
9th October 2020
23rd October 2020
10th November 2020
Finalists Pitching Day and QnA from Jury
10th/11th November 2020
Are you an entrepreneur or student with an idea for a new innovative clean renewable energy technology? And ready for a challenge?
Apply for the Energy Innovation Challenge 2020 here.
In Collaboration With: